Backyard

Des Moines Day 1: Backyard

With my farewells to Charlotte all done, I thought I'd try to say some hellos to Des Moines. Moving is exhausting, so we'll see if I'm able to put 30 days consecutive days up...
Here's what I know so far:

  • I pass many corn/soybean fields, 2 sheep farms, and the Raccoon River to get to my house.
  • They sell local bottles of milk at the grocery store.
  • The grocery store is a 12 minute drive away, so I'm going to need some serious meal planning up in here.
  • An unoccupied house accumulates many, many bugs.
  • The girls LOVE the backyard

Playing with the "poofy-head dandelions"


Our first Iowa sunset from the backyard

2 comments:

Jill said...

Wow! Gorgeous sunset. Love it! Here is what I don't see: people. xo

teachersf said...

Beautiful I am picturing you w/ a drink or cup of Joe enjoying this view

Post a Comment