Neighbors

Des Moines Day 3: Neighbors

OK, clearly my move is getting in the way of my blog (shake fist in air). I'm happy to report that I've met (read: forced myself upon) three surrounding neighbors. Here are the stats:

1. I've been cleared to use the play equipment in the yard next to us since the parentals work all day and their school aged children are away. Big score!

2. I've met a part time stay-at-home-momer with a 5 year old little girl! We have already had 2 successful drop off play dates - one there, one here. Woo hoo! This chickie is also a bread-baker, composter, rain-barreller. Whew.

3. A doll from Dallas has been quick to offer insight into the neighborhood and provided recommendations on where to get: haircuts, pedicures, a cute dentist, a good neighborhood babysitter...

And here I was thinking I was moving beyond civilization. Still, it doesn't quite compare to my Charlotte peeps.

3 comments:

The Frat Pack + Me said...

Yay! Having little kids always makes meeting people easier! And yes, I am loving Absolute Organics...

Style Attic said...

Dallas girls are dynomite!!! I'm not biased or anything.... ;) You'll be "home" before you know it. Glad you still have a pulse. I LOVE your backyard!

teachersf said...

write more write more - I have been thinking about you !!!! Glad to hear you have met some friends. Drop off playdates are the best :)

Post a Comment