Walking Taco

Des Moines Day 6: Walking Taco

Have you heard of this? I hadn't. We braved the Dallas county fair last weekend which was equipped with the standard toothless carnies, 4-H-ers, bull riding and mutton bustin'. As a side note - I will never let the girls bust muttons. This activity included small children (as young as 2!) being placed WITHOUT a helmet on the back of a sheep with their arms around its neck in the bucket gate. The gate is then released and the sheep essentially runs for its life, smashing kids into gates, stepping on them and scaring the crap out of onlooking parents. Why? I already have an issue being afraid of head injuries. No thank you on this one.



Anyhow, fair food is always a greasy treat, but there was a concoction here that I have yet to see, named 'The Walking Taco.' I was in line for the Ribeye Sandwich with fresh squeezed lemonade, but could resist finding out more about this package people were walking away with. May I present - The Walking Taco:



Made up of an individual sized bag of Doritos, taco meat, cheese, sour cream and onions. Basically the grossest (but potentially tasty, since Doritos are my downfall) nachos you can think of. Walk and eat with a fork. Ewww/Yum.

1 comments:

The Frat Pack + Me said...

They had something similar to this in Dallas, TX...called a Frito pie.

Post a Comment