Supply High

I love office supplies. There, I've said it. I have had a steady supply of staples for the past 14 years. Why staples, you and I both ask myself? Who knows. But I hoard the supplies and then pop into the closet to see the rows of neatly stacked sheet protectors, endless fine-tipped pens and not one, but two label makers. It might be a sickness - the verdict is still out.

Anyhow, the point of the office supply gushing follows my many weeks of back-to-school shopping for my big girls. I had the list in my diaper bag for awhile and would pull it out to examine and strategize. There were some exciting items too, like twistable colored pencils and 9 large glue sticks...per girl! It was fun times over here. I even ordered them personalized labels here. Swoon.

It also got me motivated to clean out and reorganize my entire office and office supply cabinet. Behold the stash of staples, pens, batteries, et cetera, ad nauseam:


5 comments:

vonnie1968 said...

LOL...As silly as it sounds, it might be a genetic thing because I'm like that too. There is just something about seeing all of the wonderful goodies lined up and organized....sort of like having your very own little store. I suppose it could be the "be prepared for anything" philosophy, but I believe it to be a form of simple and pleasurable "shopaholic"ism that is more fun when you try and hit all the sale items and see what you can come up with. :-) One thing is for sure....when someone says "I know that there is no really good reason you would have one, but do you have a _____ I could borrow?" there is just something fulfilling in finding you can almost always say "Why YES, I DO!" :-)

vonnie1968 said...

LOL...As silly as it sounds, it might be a genetic thing because I'm like that too. There is just something about seeing all of the wonderful goodies lined up and organized....sort of like having your very own little store. I suppose it could be the "be prepared for anything" philosophy, but I believe it to be a form of simple and pleasurable "shopaholic"ism that is more fun when you try and hit all the sale items and see what you can come up with. :-) One thing is for sure....when someone says "I know that there is no really good reason you would have one, but do you have a _____ I could borrow?" there is just something fulfilling in finding you can almost always say "Why YES, I DO!" :-)

Teresa said...

I love that you LOVE office supplies! Plus, I am quite jealous that you have office depot at your fingertips!

Jill said...

I'm jealous. Can I see if when I come over? I let Dan school supply shop for Asher. What is wrong with me?

The Frat Pack + Me said...

I adore office supplies!

Post a Comment