Westward Ho

Charlotte: home for the last 5 years, with the obscure and brief break of Iowa in between.  It was painful to say goodbye, once again, to move West to Texas.  When I say that out loud, it doesn't make sense.  Texas + Me just doesn't seem to = out.  However, I'm trying to be joyful...or tolerant...or patient.

After 2 weeks of living here in Texas, here are a few observations:

1.  Elementary-aged boys are really into the Under Armour trend (not exclusive to Texas, I'm sure) and will wear these shorts and long socks even in 20 degree weather.

2.  The great ice storm of 2013 hit a few days after we arrived.  Once the weather got above freezing there were lines of 20+ lines at each of the 3 car washes that I passed on the way to the market.

3.  The moms of our elementary school seem to have had a professional blow out and makeup primp by 7:30 a.m. each day as they drop their small people off at school.

4.  The traffic lights are looooong.  There is also extra attention that needs to be paid, on my part, to the red light traffic cameras all over the place.

5.  My neighbor (not from Texas) says "Howdy, neighbor" each time he sees me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment